Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Living simply




Well today was the start of our new life 'Living Simply'. Last year after I cut back from working 5 days a week to 3 days a week to spend more time with the kids we had to start living more simply in order to be able to survive. I stopped buying things we didn't need for the sake of it, started menu planning to save money on groceries, I use everything I have until it is empty where as before I would just chuck it away if there was only a 1\4 left because I couldn't wait to use the new one.
I also stopped wearing a watch on the days I don't work. I used to rely on my watch 24\7 now on my days off I rarely even know the time and enjoy not stressing about it all. I stopped buying magazines. Last New Year I took all the magazines I had brought throughout the year to the local Op Sop. The ladies commented how many I had and I roughly added them up and I had about $500 or more worth. Now all the magazines in my house are hand me downs from my Mum and my SIL.
So this year I am still going to enjoy the finer things in life. I will consume the occasional bottle of wine and head off to the movies every now and again but I also want to appreciate the free and simple things in life like taking the kids to the beach, the park or the library, instead of the movies and McDonalds. I am going to try and save as much money as I can to be able to take the kids on an over seas holiday in about 12 months time. It WILL happen and this blog my dear friend will help me stay motivated.

Today we took the kids to the beach. E ended up seeing a friend from her school who was there with her cousin so the 4 girls enjoyed playing together in the waves. Ty enjoyed fishing and swimming even though he didn't get a bite lol.
It was quality family time and the kids have fallen asleep easily as not only did they breathe in the fresh salty sea air they enjoyed splashing in the waves and tired themselves out running and playing. And it cost us nothing. It is only about a 5 minute drive so the petrol was next to nothing and there was no winging and sooking we normally get when we head out to the shops.

It was a lovely feeling seeing the girls playing and not fighting and enjoying the sunshine and sea air and being amongst nature.
Tomorrow we are going out in the boat to enjoy another day on the water and hopefully the girls will catch a fish with the new bright pink fishing rods.
Wish us luck :)











No comments: