Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 17, 2010

A blessed Week

I enjoyed a lovely week this week. Work was nice but busy with new children arriving. I also kept up with the washing and house work up until thursday when it got a bit hectic after arriving home from work at almost 7 both nights and being exhausted.
On friday we had a home day. I had to catch up on house work and wanted to save some $$$ so we stayed home. Also thursday night Ollie [our dog] was limping so Ty had to take him to the vet for us. He ended up only having scraped a bit off his pad on his paw but because he is such a big dog it was quite painful for him so he has a bandage on until wednesday and he also had his immunisations. Poor little puppy :(
Saturday Ty went out to sea fishing and managed to catch lots of yummy fish to stock up our freezer with. I took the girls to the pool for a swim before they begin swimming lessons. They are doing so well with their swimming that I have booked them in again for another term to ensure they can swim well.
This morning we enjoyed morning tea with mil and fil and then went and met up with my parents and my bro and his girlfriend as her Dad had his hot rod car in the car show we went to. He ended up winning the roadstar even which was enxcellent new for him :) Once we got home I enjoyed reading the sunday paper while the girls watched a DVD. It was just so hot and a severe thunderstorm warning came out so the idea to go for a bike ride was out of the question.
Tomorrow we may be taking Ella to the Dr. He foot [ankle] is quite badly swollen and we aren't sure why. If it's gone down a little we will go to the beach instead. I also have some washing to do and I want to bake some yummy blueberry muffins that the girls love.

Over the weekend I accomplished a lot of cleaning. We only had a new kitchen installed in August but the stainless steel sink seems to get rust stains easily and usually I use Jif to scrub them off. Well as I am working hard to avoid chemicals in our family I sprinkled bi carb soda on the sink and sprayed a little vingear and water on top and let it sit for about 10 mins. I then scubbed and the rust stains are now gone and my sink looks amazing :)
I also cleaned the windows and mirrors with vinegar and a cloth [have been doing this for a while now] and am using vinegar mop wash.
Next step is to make my own washing powder [couldn't find borax at the shops] otherwise I would have already started this. Also want to make my own liquid hand soap and possibly soap [am worried about the caustic soda though] so I am a little nervous about that.
Otherwise the kids and I have been eating well. Lots of fresh fruit and veges, yogurt, home made bikkies etc, no processed food.
I feel quite proud of this even though poor Ella is dreading going back to school as she worries she will be teased again for eating healthy food where the other children all eat chips and musli bars. I tell her they are just jealous tha they aren't packed such thoughtful and yummy food lol.
Well until next time...................

No comments: