Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Fun in the Sun
















Another beautiful day in paradise. What a beautiful place in the world we live no wonder why we rarely go away on holidays it is just paradise here.





This morning we took the kids fishing in the boat [a small tinny]. Ella caught two small bream and Mia caught one. Both the girls hooked their own and wound them in with help from Daddy. The water was beautiful and so still and serene. The sun was hot and there were many other boats out with people doing the same as us. I have to admit fishing is actually fun but only when I have someone to bait the hook for me YUK!!!!





It really is true though. The simple things in life are often the best. Fishing cost about $8 which included the fuel for the boat and the bait. The river is a 1 min drive from our place so the car fuel was basically nothing.





After we got home the girls had some lunch and watched a DVD as it was too hot to be outside.





We then bathed our dog Ollie and set up slip and slide for the girls. Admittedly it wastes a bit of water but the girls love it and we only leave it on for a short period of time and the excess waters the garden :)





Afterwards we enjoyed a yummy home made Japanese chicken curry and rice. We then took Ollie for a walk and Mia rode her bike and Ella her scooter.





This year is all about being healthy, fit and active and not spending money to enjoy the simple things in life. We achieved that today with fishing, slip and slide and walking the dog. The girls enjoyed a small ice cream cone after our walk. We totally wore Mia out. She was exhausted and fell asleep within minutes of me reading her her bedtime story.





Ella's still awake but will hopefully drift off soon. She's a night owl like me and even when she is tired she seems to stay up.










I must say I am enjoying only working 3 days per week. This weekend I really feel like I have been on holidays or something as we have actually done things and nothing has cost me any money. Other than the new work shoes I brought on Friday [which may I add were on special and a necessity] I have not spent any other money all weekend other than $3.60 for 2 newspapers. So I am very proud of myself. And most importantly I and the rest of the family have had fun and we have enjoyed family time with the kids which is so so important.













No comments: