Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Simple Cleaning

Part of living simply has been removing all kinds of clutter from the house [I have done my best but having two kids it seems to still appear lol].
But we don't have that much stuff to be honest. This makes it so much easier to clean every room in the house. And because I clean naturally I have way more room in my cupboards because I only use a couple of different cleaning products.
I have always suffered from Asthma and allergies and Mia has too. So we cut out bleaches etc and now we use Bi carb Soda and vinegar , dishwashing liquid and eucalyptus oil. That is it. I don't use furniture polish or bleaches and we use eucalyptus oil to clean the floors. It leaves a nice fresh smell and is 100% natural.
I also use a spray of the eucalyptus oil and water to clean the toilet and basin in the bathroom. In the kitchen I use vinegar and bi carb. We rarely get sick and no one is wheezing from inhaling poisonous bleaches.
Cleaning like this does me using a bit more elbow grease to scrub but honestly it isn't that much harder at all. You don't have to worry about bleaches staining and ruining your fabrics too.
Just a short post from me today. We are organising dinner and dessert as sunday night is our special dinner and dessert night :)

No comments: