Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 15, 2010

As the days cool down

We live in Northern NSW so it doesn't get too cold where we live. Never below 0 of a night anyway. So at the moment we are having such lovely weather. Not too hold and not too cold. Just perfect. Usually I suffer from SAD [Seasonal Affective Disorder]lol. I get cold, tired and very grumpy. I used to despise winter so much.
The older I am getting the more I am enjoying it. I love the fact I washed and put flannelette sheets on all our beds last night. I love that Ty and I snuggle on the lounge under brightly crotchered rugs. I love that he makes me hot chocolates at night with peices of chocolate. I love going to bed with a hot water bottle and I feel so lucky to be warm and snug in my bed.
I love making soups and big hearty meals for my family. I love winter vegetables. I love being able to snuggle with the girls and not be hot ans sticky and not wanting to snuggle because I'm hot and sticky.
I love bathing the girls early and putting them in their warm and cosy pjarmas with yummy fluffy bed socks.
Ok I'd better stop now.... But honestly if you asked me about winter a couple of years ago there is no way the world 'Love' would have been mentioned at all.
But now it's evolved. It's become my friend. I will enjoy snugging down in my cosy cottage with hot water bottles, gorgeous pjarmas and cute crotchered rugs and I will be thankful that I have the privilage of being able to live in a warm house with a gorgeous family.

No comments: