Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Baking time...........


Each week I bake something for my girls for school. They get very few store brought snacks as they are filled with the usual colours and preservatives.
This week I decided to make two very basic recipes.
The first is chocolate truffles. So simple.
Chocolate truffles are a good way to use up the old biscuits from the bottom of the biscuit jar that a cracked and broken and ones the kids avoid.
Here's the recipe :

Chocolate Truffles

I packet plain biscuits [Maria, Milk Arrowroot etc] I use the cheap Aldi ones or plain homemade ones.
1/4 cup [or less I just guess] of cocoa.
1/2 cup dessicated coconut.
I put it all in the food processor.
Place into a bowl with 1 tin of condensed milk.
Mix together and place in the fridge for 30 mins.
Then roll into balls and toss in coconut. Place in the fridge.

The second recipe is for Blueberry Muffins.

1 1/2 cups Self Raising Flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup fruit [pears, saltana's, blueberries, raspberries, banana or even chocolate chips].

Cook for 15 mins on 180 degrees celcius.

They are delicious and take honestly under 5 mins to mix together. My girls love them.

This morning I also prepared one meal. I grated up 3 zucchini's two carrots, half a red onion and a cup of chesse. Placed it all in a freezer bag in the freezer. I will defrost later in the week and add some flour and egg and I have a yummy zucchini slice that my daughters also love. They eat it either warm for dinner or cold for lunch at school. The biggest time consuming part is all the grating so decided I'd get a head start today as I work tuesdays-fridays and we have dance 2 afternoons a week so I need to be organised.

So can anyone share their favourite easy, quick recipes or any tricks to help prepare for the busy week ahead?



No comments: