Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 27, 2012

About to get a lot simpler

With the uncertainty of my husbands job, the way the economy has been, the rising price of electricity and insurances we have to cut our costs even more. To be honest I already cook from scratch as much as possible, buy my in season fruit and veges, op shop and reduce, reuse and recycle as much as possible, we meal plan right down to the exact ingredients. We make our own laundry powder [which I am so thankful for. Although last week we ran out after the sickness in our house we had a lot more washing and ran out. By hubby brought a store brought one to get us through and it smelt potent] both of us still have it sitting there as after one load the perfume and chemicals had us feeling ill from the smell.
Back to the story........ so there are still some things I can so though. I stopped baking my own bread as my girls didn't like the thickness of it. [But they will just have to get used to it]. I am finally going to organise 3 or so chickens to lay us some eggs. I am also going to start my much anticipated vegetable garden.
I have looked at our electricity bill and recently we have started turning off all the powerpoints all the time instead of leaving them on. I am going to buy a car phone charger and charge mine and hubby's phone in the car instead of at home. We can't afford solar panels or anything but we have not got and decided not to get a heater for winter, instead we are going to use hot water bottles, blankets and dressing gowns and slippers to keep warm.
I would love any more tips anyone has to give me on how else we can cut costs. We need to cut them now and prepare for the worst which would be living solely on my income which at the moment is impossible despite our simple life.

No comments: