Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 12, 2014

2014


It's been a while since I've been on here. Winter 2013 came and went and my hibernation continued. I had to take a step back, I did this on all social media type sites. I watched from afar on facebook, pinterest, you tube, and blog posts.

I turned into myself and focused on getting through each and every day as best and as slowly as I could, savouring each moment.

I think sometimes I get so overwhelmed by everything. I read other peoples posts on facebook, others blog posts and watch you tube clips and Pinterest pins and I start comparing. I start to feel that maybe I could be better, could do better, could have more and I forget where I am and what I have achieved.

This blog felt like it was pointless at times because I was living so slowly and our daily rhythms so mundane that no one would want to read what I was writing. So I stopped.

Once I realised this happening I decided to step back. I decided to stop comparing, stop wishing and wondering and just start living in the moment. And to do this I had to take a break.

A constant inspiration though was only selectively reading a few blogs that are very likeminded to me to keep up my motivation and keep focused on my own goals.

For now though, I do have plans for this blog for this year. I don't know how often I will post and I'm not going to make a new years resolution like past years as I feel there is too much expectation. But what I will do is take each day as it comes and post when I have the time, energy and personal inspiration to do so.

I hope you hang around.

I'll leave this with a few pictures of the past few months :)


My little Australian Mist Jovi is growing up....


                                                               Our vege garden

                                                      Delicious home grown strawberries
                                                         My first attempt of a home hair cut.

Thanks for visiting :)

4 comments:

Penelope P. said...

What a lovely surprise to click on you in my favourites and see that you had posted :) do keep on blogging I always get something to think about from your posts! Love Penny L xx

Barb said...

Its easy to compare your own situation to other's; but I often forget that others have been on the journey longer than me and are therefore further along. I too decided to stop looking at so much and just focus on what I can do today.
Barb

Ali M said...

hi there, came across your blog from Down to earth...its funny after reading your blog it seems we like the same things. thanks so much for sharing your feelings and experiences. I too have a child with Aspergers and find it difficult at times.
I can really relate to some of your posts..thanks Alison

The Desert Echo said...

I just found your blog and it is really inspiring to see someone successfully living simply, keep up the great work. :)