Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Time

Happy Easter Everyone :) I hope your days have been beautiful and you have enjoyed famy time.
We've had a lovely few days.
I managed to have 2 nights without my daughters this week. My husbands parents had them both on Thursday and Friday night. It was quiet without them here but gave us some time together to relax and refresh which was nice.
Friday I had grand plans to clean, tidy, rearrange. But fate had other ideas when I woke up at 9:30 am [I can't believe it either lol] and was tired and achy and sniffly all day. So I spent the day in bed and on the lounge and now am feeling ok so I think rest was just what the doctor ordered after a busy two weeks at work.Whilst I was resting I read the latest two books I purchased. I have finished 'Slow Family Living ' already. I loved it. Lots of great ideas. But also lots of things that I already do so it was conforting to know that we are indeed already living our slow family life. I haven't started 'Simplicity' yet but can't wait to read it too.


 
 
Last post I showed pics of Mia's rearranged and organised bedroom. We did the same in Ella's room. Culled lots of toys and books no longer needed and freshened her room up and changed the furniture around.


 
We made Bruschetta with our fresh basil from our garden. Mia loves bruschetta now so we have been making it often for her [and us].
The full moon was amazing this week. I did say a silent prayer as I gazed up at her.

 
 
Ella and Mia had a teddy bears picnic with their Teddies today.
 
My girl Faithy loves the box hideout I made her. I'm going to cover it in old vintage sheeting to make it look at little more elegant for her.

 
Luckily the Easter Bunny found our place [sorry about the blurry pic]
 
 
My best friend arrived in town on Friday afternoon and is leaving tomorrow :( We enjoyed coffee together on saturday morning and a walk on the beach this morning. Whilst walking I collected shells and driftwood and created this mobile.
 
Ella also spotted a Port Jackson Shark Egg on the sand. I didn't believe her when she said what it was, we googled it and she was right. Amazing find so the girls are going to take it to school for news this week.
 
 
 
How was your Easter? Would love to hear what you all enjoyed doing.
Hoping you all have a wonderful Easter Monday.
 

1 comment:

Kathy said...

What a find for the girls the shark egg.. Imagine laying (is that the word) that cork screw egg... Bizarre. I have seen this on tv before but it's still weird to think about that egg. Hope you are feeling better soon. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane