Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 14, 2010

Blissful Winter Days


We've had a lovely long weekend. We were able to spend a lot of the weekend with Ty's brother and his kids. We don't get to see them very often at all so it was magical to be able to catch up with them.
The kids all played so well together. There was no arguments or fighting or anything. They all had their best manners and shared all their toys. I thoroughly enjoyed having four kids in the house at once too. It was loud and noisy and messy but so much fun hearing their squeals and laughter.
On saturday I had the pleasure of celebrating a very good friends 30th Birthday. We went horse riding in the morning. It was a sunny and crisp morning but so peaceful on our trail ride. I was so nervous and scared but all was good [except falling on my butt when I got off the horse lol].
We then went and had dinner and drinks afterwards at the local RSL club.
All day sunday and today we were blessed with cold and rainy weather [again]. We spent the time baking cookies and jam drops , and today the girls and I did some lovely paintings including me painting a lovely wax angel painting on canvas.
So all in all a lovely weekend.
As much as the cold isn't as pleasant for me as the warmth I am learning to enjoy the cool weather by rugging up in wooly warm clothes and adding extra layers. Savouring hot chocolates and vanilla lattes and eating lots of comfort food [which my hips are seeing the affects of lol].
Will post some more pictures soon.
Blessings
Kristy

No comments: